Thursday, December 9, 2010

M6 The Greek Market

     Sr. Zorro has moved our time traveling from Egypt to Greece. When I got to my hotel in Greece I settled in. I then travel back to Ancient Greece right away. I landed and looked around. I had traveled right into an ancient Greek market. People were selling all types of fresh goods. I didn't have anything else to do here, so I decided to buy some of the goods.
     I started with a small tent with a sad looking man first. He sold lots of fruits and vegetables. I walked up and he asked, "What would you like today, sir."
     I scanned the table and saw something that caught my eye. I asked, " How much for a pomegranate, a vine of grapes, and a head of cabbage?"
     "$11.37 total," he replied.
     I paid the money and grabbed my things, walking away from the stand. I went to buy more goods from the market. I ended up buying more things than I wanted, but overall I had a superior shopping day at the market. I made a lot of people happy too, by buying goods from their stand.
     I also learned from talking to people that I should sacrifice some of my food to the Greek gods. People also said I should try dipping the bread I got into some wine. They said they had bread and wine every day for breakfast and lunch.

4 comments:

  1. You can only have 3 paragraphs at most, but I love your use of scanned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pomegranates, grapes, and cabbage...yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. to tell the truth, Pomegranates, grapes and cabbage don't really work together...
    sorry

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think queen feefee doesn't know what she's talking about! I love Pomegranates, Grapes and Cabbage!

    ReplyDelete