I woke up to the roar of the plane as it was landing. I looked out the window and saw the beauty of Europe. The smell of food filled my nose. I hadn't eaten since breakfast (and a couple airplane snacks) and it was afternoon here in Europe. I yawned and got off the plane. I walked over to a pasta place and sat down. I ordered spaghetti and the smell of it in the kitchen made my mouth water. I gobbled it up and left to time travel into Medieval times on a full belly.
I traveled into Medieval Europe with a thud and heard the sound of water below me. I looked around and saw I was on a cliff. The Mediterranean sea was below me and the sight was beautiful. Birds were chirping and the sound of music and people were behind me. The view was one of the most amazing things I had ever seen, but I turned around to see what was behind me.
It turned out to be a market with food and music. People were walking down the street buying fresh food and listening to people play instruments. Entrepreneurs were selling their goods to the townspeople. I stood their listening to the ocean and watching people go up and down the streets. I walked along the cliff wondering if there was some place to go down onto the beach. I found it after a little over a mile. The trail zigzagged down the cliff onto a sandy beach. I started walking down nodding to people coming up.
I got down to the beach and felt the strong wind blow against my face feeling wonderful because of the hot day. I took off my shoes and socks and stuck my feet in the water. The freezing cold water struck my feet as they fell in the water. The water felt great but the air was getting colder. A sunset was coming so I stayed and watched from the beach. The Mediterranean sea was beautiful as the sun fell against it.
I stood up from watching the sunset feeling cold, but still loving my first day in medieval Europe before the dark ages hit. I walked back up to the cliff and the market was dying down. people were going home and I had to smile as I walked along the cliff. Something was disrupting my mind as I time traveled back to modern times. I was wondering if the days I just traveled back to were the last happy ones for the medieval Europeans.
No comments:
Post a Comment