Today I'm supposed to go back to medieval Europe again. I'm not sure why, but hopefully something good will happen. So, I go back in time and find myself standing right next to some random dude. He was short for a middle-aged man, with a brown beard and shaved head. I loomed over him like a bird over a fieldThere was a problem, he was babbling on about something I didn't understand and he thought I was his friend. He then said "So, you wanna come over for dinner tonight, we're having my wife's special, roast beef and vegetables."
I thought about it for a minute wondering who this guy was, but roast beef was a traditional medieval European meal and I loved it. I guess he thought we had been talking for a while because he shook my hand. I said, "Sure, why not?" and started walking along the road towards his house. I didn't like this guy already, but he was in a joyous mood, so I decided to play along. We started walking down the street towards his house.
The smell of amazing foods filled my nose, as I walked into the door. I had just thought of this, but after all this, I still didn't even know his name! I decided to ask him, regretting it the second after I had said it.
He replied, "I thought I already told you, but it's Arthur." Wow, another traditional and unique medieval name, I thought , as Arthur introduced me to his wife. I was still very confused. We sat down to dinner and had a very long conversation that I zoned out of until Arthur asked me a question that I didn't hear, and then he called me Colin. He must have thought that I had told him my name before I actually came, but he thought I was already there...it was all still amazingly confusing.
"Colin?" He said.
"Uh, oh, I don't really know?" I replied
"You don't know if the dinner was good?"
"Oh, it was fantastic, but I think I need to leave now." I walked out the door thinking I probably should never ever have dinner with a stranger again.
Dinner in a stranger's home can be a risky affair. I'm glad the food was good.
ReplyDeleteI like how you are only there for the food and you zone out. Also I like how you used the vocab words
ReplyDelete