Thursday, November 11, 2010

M3 Khufu

    Silently thinking, I went back in time with my magic baseball. I met the pharaoh Khufu in the year of 2573 B.C.E. It was his 7th year of ruling Egypt. I couldn't understand what he was saying so I translated it with my translator. He told me he was in the middle of building the pyramid of Giza. I also learned that his father was the pharaoh named Sneferu, who ruled from 2613-2589 B.C.E. He also told me that all pharaohs rule until they die, so they were building this pyramid to put Khufu in, when he died.
    All of these facts were so wonderful and I was learning so much. But there was something I still hadn't fully processed yet. I was still wondering when Khufu was done telling me facts and I was ready to go back to 2010. Right when I was traveling back to 2010, it hit me. I stood in my hotel room, paralyzed from shock. I had just met the guy who had one of the most famous monuments ever built. The Great Pyramid of Giza.

2 comments:

  1. I like that you include a lot of facts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time Travel can be a bit overwhelming when you stop and think about it.

    ReplyDelete