Friday, November 12, 2010

M4 The Feast

     Before I left Egypt yesterday, I was asked to cook a feast for Khufu, the next night. Before I cooked I needed to know what type of food the ancint egyptians had so I wouldn't "invent" something. I looked on the internent and I learned what they ate and I couldn't find out any dessert they had. So, today I cooked an enormous trout seasoned with honey for the main course.I also made a salad with peas, grapes, and leeks. For drinks, I had the option of either beer or wine.
    When I got back into 2573 B.C.E, they were ready ,so I got right in to setting the food on the table. There was 17 of us and I didn't know who any of them were except Khufu. We all sat down and dug in. Khufu took his first bite and had a funny look on his face. Waiting silently, I listened for Khufu's response. He said,"Wow, this is amazing Pablo."
    "Thanks," I replied. Other people were now mumbling about how good this food was and I was starting to smile.
     After the feast was over I got lots more comments about how good my food was. I said my good bye to everybody and headed back to 2010.     

3 comments:

  1. Your description of the meal kind of made my mouth water a bit. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mm trout my favorite! I had some last night. Ah-mazing descriptions!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow great description of the food you prepared was exellent. You used writers secret really well also.

    ReplyDelete