The orange glare in the tiger's eyes is what made me run. The tiger was a whole lot faster than me, so I looked for a tree in front of me. I didn't dare look behind me. Sweat singed my clothes. The group of salt traders was miles away. I had gone off the trail to look for water, but found a pack of lions instead. I felt a pain in my ankle, and looked back to see three scratch marks side by side on the back of my ankle. I fell to the ground as the tiger fell back too, with an arrow sticking out of it's heart.
I woke up in a tent. I looked out of it to see what heaven looked like, but found the beautiful savanna instead. Could I have survived that tiger? Am I still on the Salt trade route? I asked myself. I looked back at my leg, and found it has been wrapped up in cloth. I try to walk or even stand up, but can't do it without holding onto the tent. It was night now as I hopped slowly over to what looked like a dinner cabin. I find my group eating dinner. They see me and congratulate on waking up from my two day nap. I learn that they had come looking for me and saw the tiger attacking me.They killed the tiger, and carried me back to camp. Tomorrow we'd be heading into the treacherous Sahara Desert.
I was getting tired of the savanna with it's tall grasses, trees, and predators, but I wasn't exactly happy to go into the desert either. We had been slowly working through the savanna and needed to go fast to get the salt across the Sahara. As I took my first step into the Sahara I remembered back to my last post where we almost died because of a sandstorm. I paused a second to make sure that I could actually go back. I moved on to look at the amazing scenery in front of me.
This desert was different. You could actually see in front of you. The sand reflecting off the sun made it look like the whole world was the perfect mix between gold, brown, and yellow. The sand looked like a fresh coat of snow had just fell, but there was no snow at all. And finally as I verified our surroundings, there was a lone cactus to our right that just made the scene more amazing then ever. All of the salt traders even stopped to look, even though they'd been on this route hundreds of times.
Our days in the desert made me want to go back more than ever. Not a single sandstorm, hot day, nor did we run out of water. We were now finishing up in a procure forest, so I was more comfortable than either the savanna or the desert. Ghana was close and I was very excited to get some gold, even though I knew I would never be able to take any home. As I time traveled back into present day Africa, I knew I would never get another experience like that one.
You were attacked by a lion?!?!?!?!?!?!?! You saw a cactus?!?!!?!?! I'm not sure which is more impressive.
ReplyDeleteI mean tiger.
ReplyDelete