Thursday, February 17, 2011

M10 Photos of Greece


While I stared at the Parthenon, I saw cameras flashing against the pillars. I wowed at the enormous architecture. 










I stood on the beach, looking out to the open ocean, wishing I could live here forever. I took a boat to Kythira Island and spent some time enjoying their speckled beach.








 
I toured a Greek theater, but I didn't see anybody perform. I sat in a seat and imagined that it was Ancient Greece and I was watching a performance.
I watched a superior Greek soccer team beat Austria 4-1. I also had a great Greek sandwich as I cheered the team on.
                              I visited a statue of Poseidon; I imagined him looking more like this. A huge trident, a big white beard, and a golden crown.           
I went to the Athens library to check out some books about Rome(my next stop after this photo safari). In front of the library, their was a caboodle of pigeons eating the leftover food on the lush grass. 
                                                                                            
I stared. The amazing architecture the Greeks made this enormous Olympic stadium out of. I wish I could go to the Olympics and compete there.
                                                                                   I climbed Mt. Thassos which had a beautiful view of the Mediterranean. It also had some ancient ruins on the top.
These are all the Greek euros(Greek money) starting from 1cent to 2 euros(dollars). I collected every single coin for a collection. 



I went to a beautiful waterfall to end my day and felt the refreshing mist fall on to my face. Bye Greece!                          

4 comments:

  1. I love it all, but is that coin picture a bit too wide? It's great you're making a coin collection though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was that library actually used in ancient times? Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really got to see some of the best parts of Greece. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your little animated Zeus guy. I also like how you go to a Greek soccer game. Was soccer even invented yet?

    ReplyDelete