Friday, March 18, 2011

M12 The Chariot Race

     Today I am to watch or compete in a Roman sport, so I decided to race against the defending champion, Albus Sulla. I time travel back to Ancient Rome and end up standing just outside the Circus Maximus. There is a sign on the stadium near me. I go to look at it and it says, " Race the mighty Albus Sulla tomorrow! Sign up and you might just be the lucky guy to race him!" I notice nobody has signed up, so I put my name down.
     The next day, I wake up to a warm plate of waffles. I then arrive at the Circus Maximus ready to race in the chariots. I notice now that the sign says, " Watch Albus Sulla take on Pablo Lincecum in the chariot race, today!" I walk in, and they're in the Circus Maximus waiting for me, preparing my chariot.
     Three hours later, me and my opponent are ready to race. The crowd was going wild and sweat was trickling down my face. The horn blows and I whip the horses to go. Albus got a much better start and I was a good 5 yards behind him when we make the first turn. The crowd was going crazy cheering both chariots on. I was now getting the hang of it and I was gaining on Sulla with 2 laps to go. There was 247,789 people in the stadium and it felt like my eardrums were going to blowup, but the Circus Maximus could actually hold 250,000 people.
     We stayed about 2 yards apart for the next lap. My heart was beating fast throughout the last lap. Albus was losing energy, but I was too. I forced myself to try harder and I gained 2 yards on him. We were now right next to each other, trying as hard as we possibly could. The crowd was still yelling at the top of their lungs. We were 5 yards away. I tried as much as I could. I pulled ahead when we were 1 inch away. The crowd went totally bizarre and I put a smile on my face for the first time since the beginning of the race.

    

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you managed to come from behind for the win! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete